Hello! If you're interested in testing out this upcoming update head on over to the Preview branch! You can gain access by right clicking on Unturned in your Steam library, selecting properties, navigating to the Betas tab and entering the secret passcode "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF".
This update should drastically improve your multiplayer experience, although there are many more optimizations to do to try and bring down ping and improve connection reliability.
- Improved hit detection in multiplayer. It should be a lot more responsive and accurate now, especially against players and fast moving objects.
- Improved dedicated server performance and memory useage.
- Improved zombie lag compensation.
- Tweaked vehicle audio distance a bit higher.
- Fixed vehicle and structure damage reversed for melee weapons. This allowed the blowtorch to destroy structures very quickly.
- Fixed makeshift bat repair blueprint.
- Fixed melee to use server ticks rather than time.
- Fixed swapping perspectives while dead.
- Fixed singleplayer log files.
With all the changes to hit detection there are quite likely some issues. Be sure to report them!
There was no update the last few days as I had my AP exams, but I think they went quite well!
No more exams until June now. Thanks for reading!