Hello! If you're interested in testing out this upcoming update head on over to the Preview branch! You can gain access by right clicking on Unturned in your Steam library, selecting properties, navigating to the Betas tab and entering the secret passcode "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF".
This update adds Steam cosmetics and cloud support! There is currently no definitive plan regarding Steam cosmetics, so what would you like to see?
Personally I think that Steam cosmetics should be chosen from the workshop, and only ones that wouldn't make sense to find in-game like an astronaut suit or pirate clothes. Additions:
- Added Steam cosmetics support for clothing and converted Gold suits into Steam items.
- Added separate clothing system for cosmetics, they no longer have any impact on storage/damage/etc.
- Added Gold aviators for Gold members.
- Added Steam cloud support for singleplayer savedata. Saving singleplayer will transfer your singleplayer world to the cloud.
- Added curated submission option, however this is not currently being used.
- Updated to Steamworks SDK 1.33a.
- Tweaked metal barricade/structure health a bit higher.
- Tweaked melee damage against barricade/structure a bit lower.
- Tweaked pant icons a bit smaller.
- Fixed ping update time.
- Fixed characters spinning offscreen/at long distances.
- Fixed range exploit.
- Fixed crash when loading.
- Fixed some leftover code.
- Fixed taking off clothes.
- Fixed failing to handle time message.
- Fixed first spawn not using selected clothing.
- Fixed case where loading screen could get stuck.
- Fixed crash when writing UInt64 to network.
- Fixed crash when shooting dead players.
- Fixed crash when saving level related files.
- Fixed kicking non-pending players after authentication.
Regarding the network optimizations in 18.104.22.168 that were taken down there was definitely promise there, but it looks like some tweaks might be required first.
Optimization and networking improvements are still a big focus, but with the new features in this update it made sense to enter the next big version. Thanks for reading!