Hello! If you're interested in testing out this upcoming update head on over to the Preview branch! You can gain access by right clicking on Unturned in your Steam library, selecting properties, navigating to the Betas tab and entering the secret passcode "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF".
You may have noticed several updates that were switched on and then back off the last week or so, as the current major goal is to improve networking performance. I still have several things to test, but hopefully it will get much better in the future.
To help with this I've also added Linux support which should lower hosting costs and open up access to higher quality servers. There are still some issues to work out though, so the client is not yet in tip-top shape. When testing it on your server run it with ulimit -n 2048 as it currently opens too many files as part of mod support. Post any issues you find to the Bug Reports section!
Other than that I want to try and fix up the game as much as possible before moving onto new content and features such as hunting/fishing/the next map.
The to-do list page found here[trello.com]
is now a lot more organized! If you want to see what is currently being worked on you can check back there.
- Added ability to escape out of alerts on the menu.
- Added colored chat support and R/G/B parameters to say/welcome commands. This is open to rocket mod developers as well.
- Improved barricade/structure networking with many items in crates.
- Improved dedicated server to show exceptions.
- Improved dedicated server performance.
- Improved tooltip to match the color if its button.
- Improved tooltip to swap sides based on space on screen.
- Improved inventory backgrounds to show item quality.
- Improved cosmetic inventory scaling.
- Improved vehicle speed smoothing on client.
- Improved resource ID linking.
- Tweaked "Effect Quality" to "Debris Quality" to make more sense.
- Fixed changing resolution in-game.
- Fixed bug when zombies respawned.
- Fixed item positioning over network.
- Fixed an exploit using rich text in chat.
- Fixed changing scope resoltion in-game.
- Fixed zombies loading on main menu.
- Fixed invalid casts with attachments.
- Fixed invalid casts with clothing.
- Fixed elbow bending weight.
- Fixed preview achievement.
- Fixed dedicated server default quality.
- Fixed cosmetic cloth swapping collider.
- Fixed glasses not register for hair/beard.
- Fixed loading structures extra packet.
- Fixed message like reload getting colored.
- Fixed vehicles not to damage structures.
- Fixed slot items stuck after crafting them.
- Fixed attachments save getting corrupted.
- Fixed closing clothing UI icons file.
- Fixed order of character saving.
- Fixed some classes in the wrong namespace.
- Fixed resource IDs needing to be continuous.
- Fixed no servers box on server list.
- Fixed confirmation buttons to reset after closing.
- Fixed dedicated server failing to load visual clothes.
On a personal note this Wednesday is graduation! :D (Although there are still exams to do.) Thanks for reading!