Hello! If you're interested in testing out this upcoming update head on over to the Preview branch! You can gain access by right clicking on Unturned in your Steam library, selecting properties, navigating to the Betas tab and entering the secret passcode "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF". This update is disabled to allow normal play. The next test will come with the next update and should optimize another significant portion of the game. Improvements:
- Improved server structure performance.
- Improved structure networking.
- Improved structure storage and limits.
- Improved singleplayer structure performance.
- Improved server collider performance.
- Fixed screen lock issues on Linux.
- Fixed screwing up damage with mods.
- Fixed giving/loadout full items.
- Fixed punching says shot.
- Fixed loading inventory in some cases.
Over the weekend there were some multiplayer tests with only players activated and it seemed to run very smoothly. The goal is to re-active one component of the game each day, in this case structures, optimizing it to try and add as little as possible to the baseline player-only performance.
As these tests disrupt normal play they will be closed after a bit and reverted to a previous version, but keep in mind that this is the preview branch.
Do not worry, all savedata is still there.
Anything in each category will return when it is re-enabled. Thanks for reading!