Hello! If you're interested in testing out this patch head on over to the Preview branch! You can gain access using the secret passcode "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF" in the Betas tab.
Until 3.0 joins the main branch you will need to join this beta group to gain access to the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/304930_Workshop If you are hosting a server using community maps/content please consider swapping to the workshop system to make it easy for users to join your server and get that content. Additions:
- Added automatic workshop downloads from servers. Any workshop files in Content and the current map in Maps will be downloaded. Until Valve implements server workshop downloads hosters will have to manually copy any files they want into these folders. Read the instructions at the bottom to see how to set these up. When joining a server you will see a "Syncing..." loading screen as it checks for workshop content, and a progress bar if it subscribes to any files.
- Added any map filter.
- Added new iron sights aiming positions to make them take up less screen space.
- Added some rock models underneath the bridges.
- Improved gun damage balance against zombies.
- Tweaked item spawn chance and spawn rate.
- Tweaked availability of firearms.
- Tweaked position of tab buttons.
- Tweaked menu alert box position.
- Fixed suicide/exit buttons upside down.
- Fixed missing space message.
- Fixed crafting menu disappearing when re-connecting.
- Fixed spotlight placement direction.
To put workshop content onto your dedicated server for users to download:
Thanks for reading!
- Subscribe to the workshop content normally.
- Navigate to your Unturned workshop folder in SteamApps/workshop/content/304930.
- Copy items/objects/vehicles from there to Bundles/Workshop/Content.
- Copy maps from there to Bundles/Workshop/Maps.
- Make sure you copied the #### folders, not just their contents, for example 304930/12345 should move to Content/12345.
- Make sure that the server loads any custom map from the Bundles/Workshop/Maps folder rather than the default Maps folder.